This clue might be a little tougher than the last, but stay patient and bring your questions to the forums - we know you’ll be fine.
- DOWNLOAD CAL CLUE 2
- Download the blocking template - please print as "actual size" on your printer. NOT as "fit to page"
- View text-only version of CAL Clue 2
You’ll find the shape of this motif is different from Clue 1.
You’ll need 1 to 2 balls of Contrast A, and 1 ball of your Main Color.
If you need a hand on any technique, just click on its name – it links to a video tutorial!
Skills You’ll Learn
- Each skill in the list links to a video in our Video Library where you can learn the skill or remind yourself what to do.
- Half double crochet (hdc)
- Single crochet (sc)
Other Skills You'll Use:
- Chain (ch)
- Double crochet (dc)
- Slip stitch (sl st)
- Reading a crochet chart – The second page of the clue includes a chart you can follow instead of the written text.
- Working into a chain-space - You'll be working into a chain-space in row 3.
- Blocking motifs
- Take note that after round 3 you actually fasten off your yarn, and start round 4 with a new piece of yarn (same color) in a different spot.
- Some beginning crocheters have a tendency to end up with too many or too few stitches in a round. For rows 5 through 8, I’d recommend counting the number of stitches you have complete on each side before moving to the next in order to save yourself some hassle later.
Any questions? You can discuss the clue here!
Please do not post any photos to this thread. They belong in the "CAL Clue 2: Spoilers and Photos" thread!
In the field where you type your signature, add the code below and you'll be able to show off your progress! It's a good idea to replace last week's badge with this one so your signature isn't cluttered.
Just open the User Control Panel's "Signature" page. In the field where you type your signature, add the code below and you'll be able to show off your progress!
- Code: Select all