You will need all of the Contrast D you have left!
DOWNLOAD KAL CLUE 2
Download the blocking template - please print as "actual size" on your printer. NOT as "fit to page"
View text-only version of KAL Clue 2
- A larger needle for casting off. This is a very stretchy stitch that will be pulled out slightly for blocking. I would recommend using a needle at least two sizes larger when you cast off – if you knit with a 5mm, replace your working needle with a 6 mm needle when you cast off.
- A ruler or tape measure
- Each skill in the list links to a video in our Video Library where you can learn the skill or remind yourself what to do.
- Casting on
- K1below – knit 1 below
- Casting off
- Keep your ends about 12” [30.5 cm] long because you’ll be using them for seaming later.
- “Ending with 2nd row of pat” means to stop after completing the 2nd row of the pattern.
- The instructions ask you to stretch your work widthwise to measure 9.5” [24 cm] when measuring your final length. This will make sure that you work enough rows to achieve the correct length. Whenever you knit a ‘stretchy’ or ‘ribby’ stitch, you should practice this method for measuring.
- “Cast off knitwise” is the standard direction of casting off. It means that you’ll knit every stitch before pulling it over the other stitch. (If this doesn’t make sense, don’t worry! Just watch our how-to video and you’ll see what we mean.)
- See above about using a larger needle when you cast off. It’s also advisable to cast off loosely.
Please do not post any photos to this thread. They belong in the "Knit-Along Clue 2: Spoilers and Photos" thread!
When you're done the week's knitting, why not pat yourself on the back and add a badge to your signature?
Just open the User Control Panel's "Signature" page. In the field where you type your signature, add the code below and you'll be able to show off your progress! It's a good idea to replace last week's badge with this one so your signature isn't cluttered
- Code: Select all