Two things should be kept in mind this week. First, the written pattern for the first half looks like it might result in shaker rib, but it isn’t shaker rib. Second, unlike week one each half of the square is a different pattern. The second half will look nothing like the first.
You’ll need the rest of both Contrast C and Contrast E.
DOWNLOAD KAL CLUE 3 Corrected: March 20, 2012
Download the blocking template - please print as "actual size" on your printer. NOT as "fit to page"
View text-only version of KAL Clue 3 Corrected: March 20, 2012
- Stitch marker or piece of waste yarn in a color that contrasts with contrast C and E.
- Printed version of this clue and a pen to mark your progress.
- Each skill in the list links to a video in our Video Library where you can learn the skill or remind yourself what to do.
- Casting on
- Knit (garter stitch)
- K1below – knit 1 below
- Casting off
- Keep your ends about 12” [30.5 cm] long because you’ll be using them for seaming later.
- As with Clue 1, it’s helpful to mark the right side (even-numbered rows) so you can keep track of your progress.
- This clue also uses the technique of knit, purl, and knit into one stitch to increase. Members found this video very helpful: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pP_UHylNAMQ
Please do not post any photos to this thread. They belong in the "Knit-Along Clue 3: Spoilers and Photos" thread!
When you're done the week's knitting, why not pat yourself on the back and add a badge to your signature?
Just open the User Control Panel's "Signature" page. In the field where you type your signature, add the code below and you'll be able to show off your progress! It's a good idea to replace last week's badge with this one so your signature isn't cluttered
- Code: Select all
NOTE FROM KALEIGH: I won't be in the office on Wednesday, February 29 to answer questions about this clue, so some questions may have to wait until Thursday. Sorry about that!