This is the final clue for your Mystery Afghan! We’ll be doing a border around the afghan.
There are still a few weeks left in the KAL/CAL, so stick around after you finish for contests and more!
To make the border, you’ll use your Main Color (MC). If you prefer using a different color, make sure you have about three-quarters of a ball left.
- DOWNLOAD CLUE 8
- Download the blocking template - please print as "actual size" on your printer. NOT as "fit to page"
- View text-only version of CAL Clue 8
Skills You’ll Learn
- Single Crochet – a basic tutorial on the single crochet stitch.
- Single Crochet Edging – this video deals specifically with working an edging using single crochet. Edgings need to be handled differently when you have corners to contend with. As you’ll learn in the video, you’ll handle the ‘peaks and valleys’ of your afghan’s edge differently than you will a straight edge.
- Make sure you have one-half to three-quarters of a ball or more of the appropriate color yarn before starting your edging.
If you have any questions, this thread is the place to ask and answer!
Please do not post any photos to this thread. Come show us what your finished afghans look like in the Crochet-Along Week 8: Finished Blanket Photos thread!
When you've finished your afghan (congrats!!), give yourself the final badge!
Just open the User Control Panel's Signature page. In the field where you type your signature, add the code below and you'll be able to show off your progress! It's a good idea to replace last week's badge with this one so your signature isn't cluttered
- Code: Select all