Finished afghan photos must be posted in the Crochet Along: Finished Blanket Photos or Knit-Along Clue 7 (Week 8): Finished Blanket Photos posts on the Bernat Forums by 11:59pm EST on Monday, May 7th to be eligible for the competition.
There are four different categories. Both knit and crochet afghans are eligible for all categories. There will only be one prize winner in each category. All awards will be voted on by Forum members in a special post created by the Forum administrators.
- Best in Show – The favorite afghan of the KAL/CAL. It can follow the pattern exactly, go way off script, or anything in between.
- Best Original Layout – The favorite afghan that does not match the layout of the official Bernat pattern. Modifications can be small or large.
- Best Use of Color – This recognizes the blanket with the most popular color scheme - traditional or modern, Waverly families or jewel tones. Shade combinations officially suggested by Bernat are not eligible in this category.
- Most Helpful Member – This is your chance to thank the most helpful posters on the forums! Make sure you tell us why you’re nominating this person.
How to nominate an afghan or a member for an award
Nominations open today, and continue through the 7th of May, 2012. If you want to nominate an afghan, post in the relevant MYSTERY AFGHAN AWARDS post in the KAL/CAL Chatter section of the Bernat forums. Nominations made on any other post are considered invalid.
How to vote for a winner
Voting for the winners will begin at 10am EST on Wednesday May 9th 2012 and continue until 11:59pm EST on May 16th 2012. Winners will be announced on Friday, May 18th 2012
Each winner be contacted by private message for an email or phone contact, and will receive CDN$50 in their choice of Bernat Yarns, and a specially-made Forum badge to use in their signature.
- You can nominate more than one user for an award, and you can also nominate yourself.
- Only one vote is permitted per user per category.
- This contest is open to residents of Canada and the United States who, at the time of entry, have reached the age of majority in their state or province of residence. Sorry, but residents of Quebec and Puerto Ricoare not eligible for the CDN$50 yarn prize.
- All winners will receive their choice of Bernat yarns up to a retail value of $50 CDN. A total of 4 prizes will be awarded.
Waverly for Bernat Mystery Afghan Knit-Along and Crochet-Along Contest Official Rules, Terms and Conditions
- NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A purchase does not increase your chances of winning. Open to legal residents of the United States (excluding Puerto Rico) age 18 and up and legal residents of Canada (excluding Quebec) of the age of majority in their province.
- Employees (or immediate family members of employees) of Spinrite LP (“Spinrite”), along with its affiliated entities, subsidiaries, advertising, promotion and fulfillment agencies, legal advisors, their immediate family members and persons living in their same household, are not eligible to participate or receive prizes.
- Void wherever restricted, taxed or prohibited by law.
- Entries can be submitted beginning on April 18, 2012. Entries will be accepted until May 16, 2012 at 11:59 pm EST.
- Participate in the Waverly for Bernat Mystery Afghan Knit-Along and Crochet-Along by knitting or crocheting an afghan in accordance with the instructions posted weekly on the Bernat Forms at http://www.bernat.com/forums between February 15, 2012 and April 11, 2012 (the “Project”). The Project may be made with yarn of your choice. Post photograph of the Project in the associated “Finished Blankets” post on the Bernat Forums. The Project can be nominated by its creator, or by another Bernat Forum user. Only nominations made in the appropriate “Contest Nomination: [Category]” Forum post will be considered eligible. Winners must privately provide their, contact information (name, phone number, address, and email), and a complete list of the yarn(s) and shades used. Only completed Projects will be considered.
- Limit of one (1) entry per person per category. If more than one person contributes to the Project, only one of the contributors may enter the contest. Multiple entries by the same person or in relation to the same Project will result in disqualification.
- If one person wins in multiple categories, they are issues only one prize. The runner-up in one of the categories (which category is chosen will be decided by Administrators at date of vote tally) will instead win one of the prizes.
- Entrants must be the owner of copyright in the photos submitted to the contest, and the photographs must not infringe on any other party’s intellectual property rights. Entrants consent to use of the work in the manner indicated in the rules, including posting the photo of the winning Project on the bernat.com website and / or in advertising, and waive all moral rights in the photos.
The contest winner will be selected by entrant’s peers in community polls held on the Bernat Forums. The votes will be tallied May 17, 2012.
- Spinrite will notify winner by private message via Bernat Forums, requesting email address or phone number. Spinrite is not responsible for late, lost, or misdirected notification. Email or phone notifications do not constitute a guarantee of a prize of any kind.
- Potential winner will be required to fill out and return an Affidavit of Eligibility, Release of Liability, and (where not prohibited by law) a Release of Publicity prior to the awarding of any prize.
- If the winner is a citizen of Canada, a mathematical skill testing question will be administered and must be correctly answered before an entrant is declared to be a winner.
- Prizes will be mailed within sixty (60) business days after receiving necessary information and, where not prohibited, an executed Affidavit of Eligibility, Release of Liability and Release of Publicity from the winner.
- All federal, state, provincial and/or local taxes/duties are the sole responsibility of the winner.
- Four (4) contest prizes will be awarded to four winners, one in each category. The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
- Contest prizes: The winners will be asked to select Cdn. $50 each of yarn from the Bernat Shop (http://shop.bernat.com). The yarn will then be shipped. The approximate retail value of the prize is Cdn. $50. No cash or other substitution or transfer of prizes permitted, except that Spinrite reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value due to prize unavailability due to circumstances beyond its control.
RELEASE OF LIABILITY/PUBLICITY/COPYRIGHT: The entrant consents to the use of their name, photographs or likeness for publicity or advertising purposes without further compensation or notice where permitted by law. All entrants release Spinrite and its partners, affiliates, subsidiaries, officers, directors, shareholders, agents, employees and all others associated with the development and execution of this contest from any and all liability with respect to, or in any way arising from, this contest and/or acceptance or use of the prize, including liability for personal injury, damages, death or monetary loss. By submitting an entry, entrant warrants and represents that entry is his/her own work, and that entry does not violate any law, regulation or any right of any third party. By submitting an entry, entrant grants Spinrite and its designees all rights embodied in entry and agrees that it may exploit all elements of such entry in any and all media now known or not currently known, without compensation to entrant, parent or legal guardian or any third party, unless prohibited by law. Further, entrants certify that the Spinrite reserves all rights, including the right to edit, publish, use, adapt, exploit, modify or dispose of any entry, online, in print, or in any other media for advertising and promotional or other purposes without compensation or notification to the entrant of any kind, except as prohibited by law. Spinrite reserves the right to deem an entry ineligible for this contest for any reason.
Spinrite is not responsible for any problems, failures or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems, servers, providers, computer equipment, software, email, players, or browsers, on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet, at any website, or on account of any combination of the foregoing. Spinrite is not responsible for any injury or damage to entrant or to any computer related to or resulting from participating or downloading materials in this contest. Entrant assumes liability for injuries caused or claimed to be caused by participating in the contest, or by the acceptance, possession, use of, or failure to receive any prize. Spinrite assumes no responsibility or liability in the event that the contest cannot be conducted as planned for any reason, including those reasons beyond the control of Spinrite, such as infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or corruption of the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this contest, the contest website, and/or http://www.bernat.com.
In the event of dispute over the identity of an entrant, online entries will be declared made by the Authorized Account Holder of the email address submitted at the time of entry, and the entrant may be required to provide identification sufficient to show that he/she is the Authorized Account Holder of the email address submitted upon entry. An “Authorized Account Holder” is the natural person who is assigned to an email address by the Internet Access provider, online service provider, or other organization that is responsible for assigning email addresses.
GENERAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS:
- Eligible entrants whose entry is selected as a potential winner are required to execute a publicity release (where permitted by law) and release of liability. The executed release must be provided before the entrant is declared to be a winner and is entitled to receive the prize.
- By submitting an entry, the entrants agree to be bound by the Official Rules. These rules will be interpreted in Spinrite’s sole discretion, and all determinations made pursuant to these rules by Spinrite are final and binding.
- Spinrite is not responsible or liable for entries that are lost, misdirected, delayed, destroyed, or lost in delivery.
- All entries become the exclusive property of Spinrite, and as such, Spinrite has the right to edit, adapt, modify, publish, promote and otherwise use or not use the entries and the information contained therein in any way it sees fit. Entries will not be returned.
- All federal, state, provincial and local laws and regulations apply.
- Spinrite reserves the right to terminate or suspend the contest or amend the contest and/or the contest rules.
SPONSOR, LIST OF WINNERS
The sponsor of this contest is Spinrite LP.
To receive a list of the winners of this contest, please send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to Spinrite LP, c/o Waverly for Bernat Mystery Afghan Knit-Along and Crochet-Along Contest, 320 Livingstone Avenue South, Listowel, Ontario, Canada N4W 3H3. Requests must be received by June 25, 2012.